It’s the first week of October. It’s time for set goals and implement blogging tips to finish the last three months [of the year] strong! The days are getting shorter and the nights longer. The mornings are getting darker and the temperatures are falling. It was 45 degrees here the other night! This is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the cool weather and the fashion. But, truth be told, the year is quickly coming to an end. Thanksgiving is next month and then Christmas and the new year will be upon us.Finish the year strong. Implement these 4 Blogging Tips Now for Better Results. Click To Tweet
Quarterly Blog Recap
Below is a blogging review of the last quarter and a discussion of 4 blogging tips and ideas for October that can help take your blog to the next level. The past three months were active for the Addicted to Fries blog. I published more content. I attended two blogger conferences, and I posted my first affiliate link.
4 Blogging Tips to Start Doing Now
- Create Content Consistency. This is the number one important thing that must be done in order to create a brand, develop your voice and build an audience or following. Be consistent. Post regularly…but consistently. Look at your content. Will others be able to recognize your formatting, images, and voice when reading it. Earlier this summer, I enrolled in the Consistency Course by Mattie James of Mattieologie. She is the bearer of being consistent and creating consistent content. You can sign up for her free consistency e-mail course >> HERE.
- Plan, Plan and Plan. Part of being consistent begins with planning. Creating a schedule or calendar helps lay the foundation to consistent content. Editorial calendars or content calendars are a great way to plan your content. Posting on the same days each week creates a rhythm and expectation for your readers. Review the categories on your blog. Are there any categories that have been dormant? If so, determine if you want to add more content, and plan to do it. Regina from ByRegina.com recommends the Editorial Calendar WordPress Plugin to help plan your content. You can learn more about the editorial calendar plugin >> HERE.
- Get organized. Being organized creates a calm space for me to work within. I’ve created color coded systems and filing systems that coordinate with events, topics, categories, etc. Organization can be done in your physical space. But, I also challenge you to look at your online space. Do you need to organize your blog? How are you storing your working files? If you’re using Dropbox or Google Drive, how are those areas organized? Does it make sense? Organize things. This will improve your workflow and increase your production of content, digital products, videos and more. In addition to planning your content, it’s helpful to keep other activities in a handy place as well. I love planners. Below are three of the planners that I use and how I use them.
- Passion Planner – monthly, weekly blog planning. I create a content schedule and look at high-level content themes. Learn about the Passion Planner >> HERE. Tell them Ramona sent you!
- A Beautiful Mess Planner – Life and Personal planning. I love to take notes. This planner is where I jot down events of interests and personal tasks. You can preorder 2016 ABM planners >> HERE.
- Epic blog Planner – individual blog post planning. I love this planner from Regina (of ByRegina.com). You can learn more about the awesome features >> HERE.
Forward Thinking – Thoughts for 2016. Guys, the year is almost over! We have less than 90 days before the new year. Start thinking ahead. Make plans for 2016. How can you POSITION yourself to PROFIT from your PASSION? What does your blogging content plan look like? Is a redesign on your task list? Does your logo need updating? Could your “About Me” page need revising? Do you have a Work With Me page? Here are a few of my plans for 2016:**Create more digital products. This will allow me to offer share my passion with others.**Re-purpose my artwork – create prints**Create a “START HERE” section (before the end of January).
Question of the day:What is your biggest challenge as a blogger, as a creative professional?
Be notified of new posts and updates from the Addicted to Fries blog. Subscribe to the newsletter below.
Latest posts by Ramona (see all)
- My Favorite Things: October 19 - October 19, 2018
- Top 5 Social Media News Stories Not to Miss - October 9, 2018
- My Favorite Things: Barbie, Books, Bundt Cakes and More - July 8, 2018